2015, MM.LaFleur-Style: Finding the Sweet Spot
January 10, 2015
Is it just us, or is the transition to January kind of brutal? One minute you’re swilling champagne and smooching whomever is within reach as the clock strikes twelve, and the next minute, the holidays are over and it’s just… winter. On top of that, prevailing cultural forces have the audacity to suggest that it’s time to:
- start a juice cleanse
- overhaul your wardrobe
- commit to kickboxing
- revamp your home
- learn how to make a “tablescape”
- sign up for a marathon
- start pickling your own vegetables
- rethink your feng shui
- finally read that stack of New Yorkers beside your bed
To all that, we say: “Nah, we’re good.” And that extends to how we feel about you, reader. To quote the dashing Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones’s Diary, we “like you very much, just as you are.”
In that spirit, we’ve created the above illustration. There are the die-hard resolvers, hellbent on self-improvement. Then there are the dedicated hibernators, who prefer not to face winter at all. And finally there is the MM woman, who will do January her way because she’s fabulous just as she is.
She may not join Barry’s Bootcamp (no offense, Barry), but she will:
- Revel in the realm of cozy sweaters that might as well be blankets.
- Have that glass of wine (or two).
- Show up for work in looks that are super soft, super chic, and super stretchy.
- Give herself a break every once in a while.
- Run bravely into the blizzard in her favorite knit scarf.
- And generally ease into the new year at her own pace, guided by her own priorities.
So keep on keepin’ on, ladies. 2015 is already off to a great start, just as it is.