Gift Matrix: Presents for All the Ladies on Your List
Filed in: Gifting
Ah, the post-Thanksgiving, pre-Christmas window—that hazy, hot-toddy-filled month when the calendar is full, the work schedule hectic, and the inbox overflowing with emails about gifts and sales and random dessert recipes that you never wanted to know about. It’s a cheerful time, of course, but could use some simplifying, no? Alors, let’s cut to the chase: Our handy gift matrix helps you find just the thing for every lucky lady in your life—and we’ll deliver it straight to her doorstep, beautifully wrapped. (You can also try our Gift Finder tool, here.) Because we’ve all got better things to do than shop, especially this time of year.
Quadrant I: Go All Out for someone who Knows Everything About You
When you’re happy to drop cash on your nearest and dearest.
- For your recently-retired mom who can’t wait to put her feet up and finally finish the Elena Ferrante novels: The Bell sweater.
- For your best friend who lent you earrings for a party and didn’t get mad when you lost one: The Marquise studs.
- For your sister who flew across the country three times to help you plan your wedding last summer: The Bryant duster.
- For your college roommate whose ring size you memorized because her now-husband called you to ask for it: The Wisteria ring.
Quadrant II: Go All Out for someone who Knows You
When you’re willing to splurge on someone you care about, but don’t know intimately (and you’re certainly not going to try to guess their clothing size).
- For your whip-smart assistant whom you couldn’t live without: The Fortuna bracelet.
- For your mother-in-law who’s always cold (in more ways than one): The Angelou shawl.
- For your brother’s girlfriend, to whom he’s supposedly proposing over New Year’s: The Venus earrings.
- For the distant cousin who sends you something super-expensive every year, even though you haven’t seen her in a decade: The cashmere scarf.
Quadrant III: A Nice Gesture for someone who Knows You
A thoughtful present for someone you know—just not well enough to grasp the ins-and-outs of their personal taste.
- For the co-worker who might not be getting you anything (and you don’t want to make her feel awkward if she didn’t): The sticky note block.
- For your brother’s
latestnew girlfriend: The Infinity scarf.
- For your office’s Secret Santa recipient: The #BetterThingsToDo list.
- For your younger sister’s British roommate whom you’ve never met but is spending the holidays at your house: The cashmere socks.
Quadrant IV: A Nice Gesture for someone who Knows Everything About You
When you adore someone beyond measure, but don’t need to make a big fuss over them.
- For your stylish aunt who always asks about your outfit: The Tie.
- For your friend who just got a drastic short haircut and is feeling self-conscious about it: The Bezel earrings.
- For your work wife who just got a kick-ass new job: The Statement scarf.
- For your friend who always feeds your cat when you’re out of town: The cashmere ribbed hat.