Like all of you, we’re monitoring the latest news about COVID-19 closely. We wanted to share the measures we’re taking to keep the M.M. community (and beyond) as healthy and safe as possible. Below you will learn about our decisions to:
- > Re-open our D.C store with COVID-19-specific policies.
- > Extend our return policy to 60 days.
- > Extend our return processing timeline to 7-14 business days upon receipt at our Fulfillment Center.
- > Allow employees (who are able) to continue to work remotely.
Keeping our M.M. community safe
On August 26, we will reopen the doors to our D.C. store, by appointment only. We will be implementing extensive sanitization measures, enforcing social distance guidelines, and avoiding physical contact with customers as recommended by the World Health Organization and the CDC. Keeping our spaces safe and healthy is a top priority for us. In order to do so, we will be:
- > Requiring everyone who enters the store to wear a mask.
- > Requiring an appointment for entrance into our stores. We are not able to accommodate guests in our spaces at this time.
- > Issuing temperature checks for everyone who enters the store. If you’re feeling under the weather, please reschedule your appointment.
- > Following social distance guidelines by limiting appointment volume, exercising 6-ft distance between stylists and customers at all times, and eliminating waiting areas in our spaces.
- > Cleaning and sanitizing our space and dressing rooms between appointments.
- > Removing handled garments from inventory to be sanitized at the end of each day.
These efforts are only effective if our customers also do their part. We expect customers to follow the special COVID-19 store policies we’ve put in place, as outlined below.
- > I understand I must wear a mask at all times while inside M.M.’s store.
- > I have not experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 72 hours.
- > I am not living with anyone who has experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 72 hours.
- > I will not bring a guest to accompany me during my appointment. M.M.LaFleur stores will not offer waiting areas in compliance with state board regulations.
- > I understand my stylist will not be able to assist with zippers, ties, or sashes during my try-on.
At our fulfillment center
All M.M. employees who are able to perform their jobs remotely are still telecommuting. At our Fulfillment Center, we continue to staff our on-duty team more sparsely in an effort to maintain as much social distancing as possible. You can expect returns to be processed and refunded within 7-14 business days of arriving at our Fulfillment Center. We’ve also removed expedited shipping from our services at this time.
Remember, the M.M. Styling Team is available to answer any additional questions you may have. Just email email@example.com, and we’ll be in touch.
Serving the M.M. customer community
In true M.M. spirit, we are remaining agile and innovative during these challenging times. We have made some changes to our business in order to continue to serve our customers in convenient and thoughtful ways—regardless of your proximity to an open store location. In addition to in-store appointments, we are offering virtual styling appointments and creating personalized lookbooks so you can work with a stylist from the comfort of your home. We also understand that your day-to-day may look a little different right now. To alleviate some of your stress, we have decided to update our return policy, for the time being, to 60 days.
We hope the M.M. community continues to provide you comfort during this time of uncertainty. Join our Slack workspace so you can continue to feel connected to like-minded women, or head over to the M Dash, where we’re covering relevant topics, such as our article on 5 Politicians on the Black Lives Matter Protests and What Comes Next. We will get through this together!